Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Joomla an adventure

Honestly I didn't have too hard of a time with Joomla, but let me tell you I almost prefer building a site from scratch.

I know with time, I can be better at web design with Joomla. However in order to get some of the stuff I wanted to get done it was difficult.

The site didn't turn out how I wanted it to, I wanted a different type of side menu, but I soldiered on and figured out an appealing alternative.

Changing the template and design of the page was very easy. This is the most difficult part of design for me, so the ease of layout and color was great. Previously I have used CSS and always have found it difficult.

One of the most appealing aspects of Joomla is that you can see the changes you make to the site immediately, instead of loading it to a server and then checking it and then pulling it off to edit and loading it again and then loading the wrong page...can you tell I have had this experience before?! Joomla eases this frustrating task of web design.

Well if you want to check out my Joomla site go ahead: http://athenseatslocal.cloudaccess.net/

The site is on the local food movement here in Athens, Ga. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Karin.

    It is actually the same content from the site I did for information architecture in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete