Thursday, May 9, 2013

Background and Knowledge of Web 2.0

I am quite familiar with Web 2.0 technologies. I am a first generation facebook user, meaning I was on "the facebook.com," when it was limited to only college students. While teaching high school literature, I used twitter and www.edmodo.com to keep in touch with my students, post assignments, and host discussions. I have also maintained a professional development wiki with colleagues in the past.

The library where I currently work maintains an active facebook account and blog. However, I do not post on either professionally. I am hoping to learn through this course how to integrate more technology into traditional library services.

Recently I started a personal blog, I post about the books I read, films I watch, and food I eat. It has been a great experience so far. If you are interested the URL is http://thisoneeats.wordpress.com/

Happy Maymester!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Ashley,

    I recall from your introduction that you work with the Athens-Clarke Public Library. I work up the street at UGA Special Collections. I'm always glad to see a fellow Athenian on the discussion boards.

    I also do not contribute professionally to social media, but am curious to explore its application.

    -Justin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! It is always great to have a Athenian in class. We definitely live in a great community.

      Ashley

      Delete
  2. Ashley,

    I related to your background regarding Web 2.0 and would also like to "integrate more technology into traditional library services".
    By the way I checked out your personal blog and it looks great.
    I like the minimalist look.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. The personal blog is rather new. I am not sure I am going to be able to keep up with it during this course though. We'll see.

      Delete